Are you concerned that your air conditioning system is not running properly? Having an AC problem during summer is not uncommon, especially after a long stretch of running your unit at high capacity. Most problems develop because of age, wear and tear on the system and forgetting to have a yearly inspection and routine maintenance conducted by a technician.
If you think you have any problems with your AC system, be sure to call for air conditioner repair in Kandiyohi County, MN right away. Ignoring the problem will only make matters worse. Here are some telltale signs of a malfunctioning air conditioning system:
- Loud noises: Hearing metallic noises coming from the ductwork or other parts of your air conditioning system point to system trouble. It could indicate vents warped from thermal expansion, leaks throughout the system, loose parts or a variety of other problems. With time, the noises may worsen, increasing the likelihood of system failure. Call for immediate air conditioner repair in Kandiyohi County, MN if your AC is much noisier than usual.
- Excessive condensation or leaks: Air conditioners are outfitted with plastic drain tubes to eliminate water buildup. If something is wrong with the pipe or the pipe is backed up, you may notice this condensation pooling beneath or to the side of your air conditioning unit. Excessive water pooling near the unit is always an indicator of a developing problem, and should not be ignored.
- Squealing noises: A squealing noise coming from the AC unit could indicate that the belt has come loose. If you have a newer unit using a direct-drive motor, you should shut off the unit immediately, since a bearing may be broken and could be causing further damage. The bottom line is that if you hear any kind of unusual noise coming from your air conditioner, call a technician for assistance right away.
- Unstable temperature: If the temperature in your home has difficultly remaining stable, it may mean that the unit is not cycling properly. If the temperature in a given room continues to drop below the set temperature, then the problem may lie with your thermostat. Ignoring this problem will mean an uncomfortable home interior and higher than usual energy bills. Avoid this by calling for air conditioner repair in Kandiyohi County, MN.
- Frequent power loss: A common issue encountered by many homeowners is having an AC system that frequently loses power. Compressors pull a lot of power, so if anything else is going on, your breaker system will cut power to your AC. Check the breaker, and if it’s not tripped, then an overheated motor might have caused the unit to reset. It’s really important at this point to get a professional out to look at it, because there are many potential reasons your AC motor, fan or compressor won’t power on. Remember, too, that AC units are full of complicated electrical components. Messing around in there without knowledge of electrical systems is dangerous.
Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C is here to help with your home and business HVAC issues. When you spot the signs of air conditioner trouble, give us a call for the repairs you need in order to stay cool.