If your air conditioning breaks this summer, it will be time to call for professional AC repair in Kandiyohi County, MN. Just about every quality AC repair company offers some type of emergency repair service, or will at least manage to get a technician out to your house without much delay.
But even with fast service, waiting for your air conditioning to work again can seem to take forever, especially during a streak of exceptionally hot weather. Here are some tricks you can use to try and cool down while waiting for AC repair in Kandiyohi County, MN. You may also try some of these when your air conditioning is working fine, in order to lower those monthly utility bills.
- Break out the fans: Most fans use very little electricity to operate, meaning they are a cost effective way to cool down your home’s interior. At the beginning of summer, make sure that your ceiling fans are rotating the correct way to suck up hot air and push down the cold air. If you do not have ceiling fans, try buying a few inexpensive box fans or oscillating fans and place them around your house. You will get a nice cool breeze without your air conditioning, and once your AC is working again, fans help move the cold air around more effectively.
- Keep your home dark: A great way to cool down, particularly during the day, is to make sure all windows are closed and all shades are pulled down. The bright sun accounts for much of the reason your home interior gets hot—pull the shades down for immediate relief from the heat. An open window may let in the occasional breeze, but more often than not, you’ll wind up just letting hot air into your home. Also remember to keep your lights off, as having a bunch of lights on helps raise the temperature inside of your house.
- Eat smaller and colder meals: Many people forget to change their eating habits during the summer, primarily because air conditioning allows people to stay cool regardless of what they eat. Just remember that larger meals raise your body temperature by boosting the digestive process. If you have no air conditioning for a few days, stick with cold foods like salad or shrimp cocktail, and try and eat lighter portions than normal.
- Enjoy a cold shower: If the heat begins to feel unbearable inside of your home, hop into a nice cold shower for immediate relief. When the whole family is feeling miserable due to the indoor heat, head to a nearby pool and spend the day cooling off and enjoying each other’s company.
- Think long-term: For longer-term solutions, it may be time to consider new windows, better insulation and landscaping adjustments that provide more shade for your home. More trees in your yard will offer better shade, ultimately lowering your utility bills and making your home more comfortable to live in.
Waiting for AC repair in Kandiyohi County, MN isn’t much fun. Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C offers 24/7 availability for AC repair. Call us today for the relief you need.