As you may be well aware, the large appliances in your home can cost a pretty penny when purchasing new. To save your wallet from shrinking, it’s crucial that large appliances are routinely checked, such as the home or building’s water heater, AC unit and essential heating units. This includes furnace maintenance in Kandiyohi County, MN, as safety checks done by a professional are both important and necessary.
Many homeowners or landlords question just how often they need to, or if they even have to, have yearly furnace safety inspections. The answer is an astounding yes! If you have a furnace in your home, then it is definitely recommended that you inquire about safety inspections. This helps to ensure proper furnace function as well as to extend its life to last as long as you need it.
While you may think a safety check is only necessary once you detect a issue, in reality, the professionals recommend for newer units to be inspected anywhere from annually to every other year and older furnaces, over 10 years old, should be checked on a yearly basis.
When you seek professional assistance with your home furnace for safety checks, the technician should perform a thorough inspection, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Vent system needs to be checked for blocks and leaks.
- The fresh air intake grills must be checked for any
- Combustion gases need to be analyzed, then compared to the particular furnace unit’s specifications.
- Furnace burners need to be checked all around: are the burners igniting properly? Does the burner have a flame that holds?
- The unit’s drainage system must be checked for possible blockage and any hidden leaks—includes the internal furnace
- A tight seal needs to be checked for at the connection from the furnace unit to the blower access doo
- A close inspection needs to be done to the heat exchanger, looking for nasty rust and corrosion.
- A check should be done on the blower wheel for all sorts of debris and immediately cleaned, if necessary.
- The furnace’s wiring needs to be closely checked for damage of any degree and corrosion.
- Filters need to be checked; should be checked often.
Go ahead and wipe down the outside of the unit to keep the surface clean, but since the average person does not have the skills or knowledge to properly diagnose possible furnace issues, you should consider hiring an expert. Remember, a furnace safety inspection is not just about safety; it’s also about staying on top of preventative maintenance.
There’s something to be said about scheduling routine furnace maintenance in Kandiyohi County, MN. Whether the furnace is in a residential home or a commercial business building, it is important for you to keep in mind the importance of periodic furnace safety checks. You can save yourself money that would otherwise go to paying for costly repairs or even go toward having to replace a unit entirely.
If you are in need of a quality heating contractor, contact a professional contractor at Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C today!