If you have ever had to deal with asthma, allergies or other similar issues, then you know how crucial air quality can be for your health and wellbeing. But how can you ensure that the air quality in your home or business is at a safe and comfortable level? As a business that provides HVAC services and ductwork in Kandiyohi County, MN, we know that there are several relatively easy and simple things you can do to improve and preserve your air quality. Here are seven of the most common and effective ways to accomplish this:
- No smoking: There is no question that smoking is very dangerous to your health, so naturally smoking inside your home or business will wreak havoc on your air supply. If you must smoke, do so outside, preferably at least 100 feet away from the building.
- Natural scents: Rather than using canned air freshener or cleaning chemicals with artificial scents, try instead to use naturally scented candles and fragrant plants to make your home or business smell better. You also ought to use scent-free soaps and laundry detergent, especially if you or a loved one has allergies.
- Clean your floors: There is no way for your air supply to be clean if your home or business itself is not clean. Floors are the biggest culprits when it comes to harboring allergens, so be sure to clean your carpets and floors early and often, and place large floor mats near every opening to your home.
- Balanced humidity: The higher the humidity level is in your home or business, the more likely it is that mold or mildew will grow there. When it comes to protecting your air supply, the ideal humidity level is somewhere between 30 and 50 percent.
- Radon testing: Radon is an odorless, invisible gas that comes from soil and can enter your home or business through cracks in your walls or foundation. No matter how new your property may be, it cannot hurt to test for radon, as it can greatly increase your risk of lung cancer.
- Clean appliances: Your air conditioner and heater both contribute to your home or business’ air supply, meaning that any dust or debris collecting on them will eventually find its way into your lungs. Keep your air clean by keeping these appliances clean.
- Ductwork: Finally, you could religiously follow all of the above pieces of advice and still have poor air quality if you fail to invest in routine, regular maintenance for your ductwork in Kandiyohi County, MN. Your ducts are how your air ventilates and circulates throughout your home or office, meaning that clean ducts are essential for a clean air supply.
If you are looking to improve your air quality, we hope you will consider hiring Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C for effective and reasonably priced service for your HVAC and ductwork in Kandiyohi County, MN. We look forward to hearing from you, and to contributing to the safety and comfort of your home or business.