When your furnace is no longer producing the heated air you rely on during the winter or isn’t living up to the energy efficiency expectations of your modern home, it might be time to consider a replacement unit. But before you just pick any old furnace based on price or brand name or recommendation, it’s important to consider some of the more important variables that could make or break your experience for years to come.
Below are five variables that absolutely need to be taken into account when looking for a furnace replacement in Kandiyohi County, MN. If you’re unsure about any of these items, speak with a professional HVAC contractor today to learn more:
- Capacity: Furnaces come in all sizes and capacities, meant to heat certain square footages appropriately. Finding a make and model that meets the capacity needs of your home means appropriately heating it at an efficient level. Investing in a unit that’s too big means wasting money on heating capabilities you’ll never need, while going for a unit that’s too small means much more wear and tear on a unit that’s likely going to break down quicker.
- Warranty: When you consider that your furnace is going to be heating your home for the better part of three to four months out of the year on a daily basis, it pays to make sure you’re investing in a good warranty. Being covered in the event of malfunctions or breakdowns means not having to drain your bank account anytime an issue arises.
- Efficiency: Energy efficiency is a huge factor in today’s day and age when it comes to home appliances and installations. Being able to save substantial amounts of money through efficient heating isn’t something that many homeowners immediately think about, but it’s a benefit that quickly becomes apparent when your energy bill hits your bank account! Look for EnergyStar ratings and other efficiency specs when making a purchase.
- Brand: Brand names are more than just for clout—they’re a symbol of quality and a pledge for excellence. Investing in the right brand means getting all of the promises that come with that brand, such as warranty, rebates, factory-trained technicians and more. Over the course of the life of your unit, having the right brand name means remaining in good hands at all times.
- Price: Obviously price has to make the list when it comes to considering a furnace replacement in Kandiyohi County, MN, but it shouldn’t be the only thing you’re looking at! After you’ve considered the four above factors, then start to match up prices to find something within your budget.
If you’re having trouble getting your footing in an unfamiliar world of furnace options, don’t be afraid to speak with an HVAC contractor about what options might best fit you and your home. Often, an HVAC professional will have insight that’s invaluable in the decision-making process, leading you to a more sound solution to meeting your need for a new furnace replacement in Kandiyohi County, MN.