How long would you be willing to go without performing a tune-up on your car? How far would you be willing to drive? Most car owners are diligent when it comes to regular maintenance—or at least know they should be. On the other hand, many homeowners don’t realize the importance of tune-ups on their HVAC unit. Just as changing the oil is essential for your car, precision tune-ups are necessary for the proper functioning of your HVAC system. If it’s been a while since your unit was serviced, contact your HVAC contractor in Kandiyohi County, MN today.
What are the benefits of a precision tune-up?
- Greater efficiency: When your HVAC system is properly serviced, it runs more smoothly. It wastes less energy. You’ll get greater results in heating and cooling with this regular maintenance service. Not only will you feel cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but your utility bills will be friendlier.
- Greater longevity: A well-maintained system simply lasts longer. When small repairs and adjustments are made as needed, the unit is less likely to break down completely. Precision tune-ups will ensure everything is running properly and extend the life of your unit.
- Greater savings: Precision tune-ups help avoid the need for big repairs down the road. With this proper maintenance, you’ll save both time and money in repairs. Your HVAC contractor in Kandiyohi County, MN will catch minor issues during the tune-up and prevent major issues from occurring.
What is involved in a precision tune-up?
Your technician will thoroughly inspect all parts of your HVAC unit. All aspects will be tested, cleaned, tightened and calibrated as needed. This complete precision tune-up will include:
- Inspection: The technician will inspect your unit’s condenser coil, safety devices, bearings, electrical system, disconnect box, contacts, fan blade, service valves and duct work to ensure proper operation and installation. This process will allow them to discover anything that is not up to standards and recommend repair or replacement.
- Cleaning: To ensure proper functioning, the unit’s filters, indoor coil and condenser coil will be cleaned. The technician will also clean away any debris from around the unit that may affect its operation.
- Monitoring: As part of the precision tune-up, the technician will monitor fan motor amps, operating pressure of the refrigerant and compressor amperage and wiring connections to verify all are at optimal levels. Your technician will also calibrate and level the thermostat and measure supply/return temperature difference.
- Flushing: Your condensate drain should be flushed and treated with anti-algae. Your precision-tune up will include this essential service to ensure everything is draining properly and does not cause greater problems down the road.
For optimal HVAC results, schedule a precision tune-up annually. Spring is often the best time, as the unit may have been dormant for a while and could use a thorough inspection before cranking it up for summer. As your trusted HVAC contractor in Kandiyohi County, MN, Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C is happy to complete your precision tune-up and keep your unit running smoothly throughout the season. Call us today to schedule an appointment!