When the clouds roll in, you know a storm is brewing. What’s on the horizon for your HVAC unit? Do you know what signs to watch for that tell you it’s time for A/C repair in Kandiyohi County, MN? It’s important to respond when your unit sends out signals for help. Ignoring these can be disastrous, resulting in major repairs, expense and inconvenience. If your unit shows any of the following signs, contact your technician right away for repairs:
- It’s leaking: If you discover moisture where there should not be any, this is a sign of trouble. If water is gathering near your unit, the drain tube may be blocked or broken. Pooling water or ice buildup can damage the unit and create additional problems down the line. If the unit is leaking refrigerant, contact your technician right away. This is not only a sign of problems with your unit—it can also be environmentally hazardous.
- It’s screaming: Is your unit making odd noises? Some sounds are normal as it runs through its cycles. However, grating, squealing or grinding noises are a bad sign. Something is seriously wrong, and you should call for repairs immediately. Continued use of the unit could result in permanent damage and the need for a whole new system. Take this as a sign that your unit is screaming for A/C repair in Kandiyohi County, MN.
- It’s stinking: Unusual odors indicate problems with your unit. If you smell foul odors coming from your vents, your unit’s wire insulation may have burned out. If you smell a musty odor, you may have mold. If this has grown in your ductwork, you should have it taken care of right away to protect your health and that of your family members.
- It’s fading: Is your unit cranked to the max, but the air is still warm? If your unit isn’t performing like it used to, call for repairs. It may be time to replace the unit, or there may be a less drastic solution. Either way, if your air is not as cold as it used to be, there is clearly a problem that should be handled right away, before the issue worsens.
- It’s tripping: Have you noticed that when you run your unit, the circuit breakers trip? This is an indication of serious electrical problems. Do not simply flip the breaker back on. Turn off your unit right away. Do not run it again until it has been inspected by a professional. Your technician can determine where the issue lies and either repair the unit or recommend an electrician.
If the unit has not stopped working entirely, it is often tempting for owners to ignore issues or put off calling for repairs. This is a mistake. Failure to act on these warning signs will result in further damage and greater repairs down the road. Why wait? Contact your trusted technicians at Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C today to schedule repairs. We will apply expert knowledge and experience to diagnose the problem and have your unit working properly again in no time.