You likely understand that your restaurant equipment is nothing like the appliances you use at home. The same is true with refrigeration; you cannot just switch out your restaurant appliances with your home ones. When your commercial refrigeration in Kandiyohi County, MN requires repair or installation, you need to find a technician who understands the different system designs and demands. Here is what makes commercial equipment different from your residential appliances:
- Storage space: The food services industry requires more refrigeration storage. Restaurants, delis and stores all need space for inventory. They also require a design layout to accommodate these greater food stores. For example, while residential refrigerators frequently have door storage, a commercial model does not offer that feature because it is usually not cold enough. This also helps seal the doors better, which helps with meeting food safety requirements.
- Temperature control is vital: It may be annoying to find frozen drinks in your residential refrigerator, but you are not going to face health code violations for it. Commercial units require precise thermostats because health codes set temperature requirements for commercial food storage. The allowed margin of error is only two degrees, so thermostats are vital tool for assuring compliance.
- Heavy construction: Refrigerators and freezers used in restaurants are constantly accessed. The slamming doors in the background are a normal development during busy hours. Even the busiest households do not inflict this on residential appliances, so their construction is not as durable as with food industry equipment. Commercial refrigeration is also more bacteria-resistant, as there is no room for error when it comes to health codes and contamination.
- Cleaning demands: Cleaning your refrigerator at home is often a time-consuming and thankless job. You often need to remove shelves and crouch around to scrub the harder-to-reach places. That is likely why most households do not clean their refrigerators more than once a month. In the food service industry, refrigeration must be cleaned more frequently. Coved interiors and accessible spaces make this task easier than with residential appliances.
- Legal requirements: Contaminated food is a disaster for restaurants, stores and other food industry businesses. You will likely not only face health code fines, but also lawsuits from customers who ended up seriously ill. To reduce these impacts, commercial refrigeration offers additional insulation along with their precise thermostats. This is to assure compliance with applicable laws, and most residential appliances do not have ability to meet these standards.
- General purposes: Your home appliances perform their duties on a much smaller scale than your restaurant or food business. Even a large family will not produce the demands one restaurant faces in one busy dinner hour. That makes residential appliances inappropriate for commercial use. But that does not mean you can accommodate commercial appliances at home. It is unlikely your home offers the power sources or space to make it work. You always want to choose appliances based on the environments they serve.
If you require assistance with commercial refrigeration in Kandiyohi County, MN, call Kraemer Refrigeration, Heating & A/C today to schedule an appointment.